Tuesday, March 31, 2020

COVID-19: Day 15 Shelter in place March 31 2020

We now have about 180,000 cases of COVID 19 here in the United States.  The president's hope of opening the economy and the country by Easter has been replaced with the projection that we will hit our peak in two weeks.  

I have been outside only a few times during these last two weeks.  I really don't want to catch and spread this virus so we are doing everything we can to protect ourselves.  I was supposed to go to the post office today, but I decided against it and went to the mailbox instead.  

My biggest struggle right now is parenting.  Michelle is 13 years old and I do not know if I am properly handling this "pandemic parenting".  She is on 'spring break' right now, so no online classes.  She is in her room pretty much all day, watching Netflix, Youtube or making Tiktok videos.  We watched Knives Out last night, an effort to do something together as a family.  We really enjoyed the movie.  I asked her today if she wanted to watch any more movies but she shrugged and said,'I don't know, Mom.'  She does not enjoy reading, another thing she inherited from her father. We tried to play board games but none of us are really into it so we ended that quickly.  I teach her how to cook, she still walks the dog, but I feel like we are not interacting enough. *sigh* She is a good kid.  I know she is, but I don't know what kind of lasting effect being locked down inside the home for weeks on end to anyone's mind.  I am starting to get restless myself!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts