Saturday, February 10, 2007

im back

I'm back from my trip to the philippines. It has been a very very busy trip…preparing for the wedding, the actual wedding, thoughts of getting michelle baptized in the philippines (not pushing through with it…di talaga kaya ng powers!), and getting everything else done in the 2 1/2 weeks we were there was just a little bit too much.

I found myself eager to get back to the states where life for me is more laid back and quiet. I'm not used to going somewhere every single day, except going to work so when we had to be in manila almost 80% of the time and dealing with traffic…it was just a little to much. On top of everything, I spent one night at a local hospital because of something in the water….yup! My friend from infancy, the good old unicellular bacteria called amoeba. My mom kept insisting that I can drink tap water because I grew up there so I listened to her and drank the water. But my stomach couldn't take it so I had to go the hospital and spend the nite there. It was an unpleasant experience…both the amoeba thing and the hospital stay. The hospital seemed very unsanitary, the nurses weren't all too friendly, there was a dog barking throughout the nite, and it took forever for them to calculate our bill. Oh well! At least now I know never to take my family to that hospital if ever they need medical care.

Wedding…wedding over! Yey! Gosh…weddings are so exhausting! It just drains everything…your pocket and your energy. Everyone I spoke with really enjoyed the wedding especially the ceremony. (syempre alangan namang sabihin nilang hindi sila nag enjoy no!) It was unique, very personal, and most important of all, the presence of the Lord was there to bless all of us. It's a good thing our officiating pastor, Pastor Jerry Ambi is someone who knows us personally. He was able to speak from his heart and share his insights regarding our marriage. So I suggest to all my friends who are thinking of getting married soon, know your pastor or priest! I'm not sure if at Catholic weddings, the couple has a lot of input regarding the ceremony but if they allow the couple to make changes or additions to the ceremony to make it more personal, then I suggest the couple ask the priest. I wish people stayed until the end of the reception and danced. But I have to give credit to the guests who actually attended the wedding…they did not eat and run. =) some of them actually stayed for a while after dinner was served. I was not too happy about many little details about the wedding but I'd rather not go into that. It's over and done with. Like I said before, I've learned to let the little things go. I'm glad the wedding's over, I can go back to working on other things.

Michelle handled her first overseas trip very well. She was an angel during the flight to and from manila. She was a wreck when we arrived in cavite because she was taking in so many new things…new weather, new house, new people. It was just too much for her to take all at once. But soon after that, she was all smiles, laughing and giggling at everyone and everything. I think she enjoyed her morning strolls with her grandfather the most. Maybe we'll take her back to the philippines when she's 2 years old. She can then enjoy the beautiful beaches of boracay, palawan, or bohol. =)

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts