Thursday, April 19, 2012

bell's palsy: day 2

i took a 2.5 hour nap yesterday after i got home.  i have been wearing my eye patch consistently...taking a break from it only when my daughter insists on wearing the patch herself. 

taken using my phone's front facing camera so this is a mirror image.
i know it doesn't look too bad but if i smile any bigger, it becomes obvious
how lopsided my face is. 

the thing that bothers me the most is the eye not being able to blink or shut completely.  it is so uncomfortable.  i woke up this morning and my eye isn't as red as it was yesterday.  going to bed with the patch really helped.  my eye gets more watery so much more today than yesterday.  driving is difficult because i can't wear my patch when i'm driving and yet i can't blink my left eye so it starts to blur and get watery.  oh well!  i'm driving more cautiously and will probably not drive beginning tomorrow and hope the eye things improves by monday.  i don't want to take BART to work!

my taste buds are out of whack...everything tastes terrible!

you will hear me complain a lot as i document this journey but please don't forget that i am extremely thankful that i didn't have  a stroke or something worse than bell's palsy. 

it's so weird to have this condition after i learned about it several months ago.  i spoke with someone from our church who had bell's palsy last year.  i didn't even know she had it!  she said it gets better after a month...a little longer than i had hoped but what can we do?  there are some things in life we can't control and this is one of them for me. 

i try not to take it too seriously.  last night, lai was making fun of me and the funny way i say letter "P".  she asked me, 'what's the name of kate middleton's sister again?'  imagine popeye the sailor man's lips when he speaks...yup, that's what i look like. 


i'm popeye the sailor man!



No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts