Tuesday, April 03, 2012

lent

i thought about giving something up for lent....and then i wasn't able to do it (fail!). but the Lord reminded me that He already paid the price to save me from my sins.  what he actually asks from me is not to give up something...because that would mean i am still holding on to other things.  he wants me to give my life to him, to follow him and to  be obedient to him.  he doesn't want me to just believe that he is the son of God because believing simply isn't enough.  he wants us to follow him, to be his disciple.  to be a follower of christ is to live life that is dedicated to God, to live a Christ-centered life.  


i know it sounds easier said than done, but the thing is, he never asked us to be perfect. i think a misconception people have about christians is we think we are holier than thou...i think there are people in general, who think they are 'better' than other people.  doesn't matter if you're a christian or whatever belief you have.  but that is not the way God wants us to think about ourselves, or other people.  God tells us to love others, as we love ourselves.  so if i think highly of myself, then i should think highly of others too.  if you love yourself (and you should!), then you should give the same kind of love to others despite of who they are.  god loved me despite of who i am, despite of my imperfections.  


again, Christ doesn't ask us to be perfect.  i can't count the number of times i've failed and felt like i disappointed the Lord because of my stubbornness and lack of faith.  but despite all of my shortcomings, he does not fall short.  his love for me is the same kind of love when i am following him...it's also the same love when i sometimes go astray.  his love is constant.  his love is consistent.  his love does not depend on his mood or my mood.  can you imagine if God was moody and only loved us when he is not pms-ing?  hahaha!  Thank goodness, God is not like that!  


so this lent, instead of giving something up...what i ought to have done is surrender my life to him...and not just at lent, but everyday of my life should be surrendered and dedicated to him.  sometimes i forget that i am here to be the salt and light of the earth, and that i am here to live my life for God.  holy week is a great time to reflect on how our relationship with the Lord stands.  is my relationship with Him where i want it to be at this point in my spiritual life?  the answer, unfortunately, is no.  but God is great!  it is never to late to either start a personal relationship with him or to rekindle that relationship you had with him.  i have changed over the many years and my faith has seen peaks and valleys.  but the Lord has met me at whatever stage i was.  when i was at my lowest moment, He was there.  when i was at my highest, He was there.  all i had to do was to call unto Him.  he met me whenever i needed him.  i continue to be amazed by his love for me.


Lord, thank you for the sacrifice you made on the cross 2,000 years ago.  remind me everyday of your love for me.  you are wonderful.  you are amazing.  i humble myself before you and ask for your forgiveness for ALL of my sins.  you are the Lord and Savior of my life.  teach me your ways that i may continue to follow you.  thank you for your love.  amen.



No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts