Friday, April 20, 2012

bell's palsy day 3

day 3.  the left side of my face is drooping more and i think my taste buds are really out of whack today.  i have not felt the hyper-sensitive hearing yet...

i felt miserable last night and broke down and cried like a baby.  oh well!  there will be days like such but i hope that doesn't happen too often.  claire called while i was in the middle of tears...i think she felt sorry for me that she and her husband, jacob came over last night to check up on me.  jacob's a physical therapist and so i asked him for tips to strengthen my facial muscles.

i think i've found a sweet spot to put the tissue and patch to keep my eye closed.  my main gripe today is the taste bud thing.  everything, and i mean everything, tastes terrible!  but i still gotta eat because i need to take meds. *sigh* oh well!

i spoke with chel earlier today.  it was good to hear her voice.  she said she's been busy in the philippines but over all it's been a great trip.  they're going to burma and thailand next week.

the weather is gorgeous!  michelle took this rare opportunity to play with the water sprinkler in the backyard.  while she played, i planted some carrots, beets, cucumber and green beans.  i really hope they grow.  i have sage, thyme, rosemary and green onions that are thriving right now.  my jalapeno doesn't seem to like the weather here though. it bears fruit, but really tiny fruit and the leave always dry up and fall off.  i'm going to buy strawberry plants next week and maybe another apple tree since i read that you always have to plant two trees so they can cross pollinate...i did not know that.  i want to get some blueberry shrubs too because i just love blueberries.  maybe we'll do that next week too.

i'm really trying my best to keep my mind off of this condition and go about my day.  it's hard but you just gotta keep going.  i am so blessed to have my family and a wonderful set of friends who are always there for me for support.  God is great!  =D


No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts