Sunday, April 22, 2012

day 5 of bell's palsy

yesterday, i took a nap and went to sleep early.  i've been feeling really, really exhausted.  i think my body is telling the bell's palsy, 'we're not going to rest until we beat you!'  the steroids that i'm taking is supposed to keep me up so when i take it in the afternoon, i take it early enough so as not to interfere with my sleep.  i take my first doze with breakfast, and the afternoon doze at around 4 pm with a light snack.  so by 10 pm...i ready for bed.  actually last night, i think at around 730 pm, i was out...not knocked out but i just wanted to lie down and close my eyes.  i am thankful that my husband has been taking good care of me and filling in for me with the things that michelle needs.  


we went to church today and everyone was supportive and told me that if i'm not wearing my eye patch, they wouldn't be able to tell that i have bell's palsy...i agree with them.  it's day 5 and i don't think it's gotten worse from day 3.  i think my taste is starting to come back because i drank coffee this morning and it actually tasted more like coffee and less like batteries.  i am also able to drink more water now which i totally missed!  i love drinking water.  


anyway, at church today, pastor andrev, our guest pastor spoke about caleb and joshua and the ten other spies that were sent to check out canaan....if you haven't read this story, look it up in the book of numbers. long story short, let us not be limited by the hindrance we see before us.  let us not focus on the things that could set us back.  God wants his people to just say yes and not question what He has called us to do.  so i prayed to the Lord this morning, 'Lord, whatever it is that you have called me to do, i know you will equip me.  let me see myself the way you see me.  i can do all things because you strengthen me!'  hallelujah!  i feel so good inside, really.  i thank the Lord for giving me the joy.  if i leave it up to me and my emotions, i would be a pathetic mess every day.  =)  


paul took michelle to her classmate's birthday party in san mateo today.  i was supposed to go but i'm just really exhausted and i've already answered enough questions about bell's palsy and i know i will be inundated with more questions if i go to the party.  i decided to just lie down and let paul answer the questions.  by now he's as well versed in it as i am.  


i got a wonderful text message from my mother in law, too.  i'm not asking for a pity party that's why i'm not blasting it out on facebook where there will be a gazillion comments if i mention this...i write about this in my blog mostly for me and hopefully to help others out there if they happen to stumble upon my blog...but i'm feeling the love from all around me.  =D  i pray that no matter the season in our lives, we feel the love of our family, friends, and our God.  God loves you.  if you don't know that yet, it's about time someone told you.  =)


day 5, mirror image. no make up (so vain!), really controlled smile.  not bad right?

2 comments:

Pukaykay said...

"if i leave it up to me and my emotions, i would be a pathetic mess every day."
^miserable life.

Yup, i had to scroll down your blog to see which side has the patch and it means that's where the bells palsy is.

Take care, Mie!

ASC said...

thanks jean! =)

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts