Monday, November 10, 2008

house hunter

It has been a mortgage roller coaster ride these last several weeks.Our family had our heart set on purchasing the house I wrote about previously, but it wasn’t meant to be. The house appraised for less than our agreed purchase price and I wasn’t going to buy a house for more than it’s worth. The bank that owns the house does not want to sell it for it’s appraised value (which means less than what we initially thought it was worth) so the deal is off and we’re back to square one.I was hesitant to write anything about that first house because I’m not in the habit of counting eggs before they hatch. But I thought the house was as good as mine…but God has other plans.

I wasn’t heartbroken because we didn’t get that house but I was frustrated the process took so long. I like the house, but I wasn’t attached to it. How can I be attached to something that’s not mine? So we started looking for houses again last week and saw 2 houses across the street from each other that I really, really, really like…not to the point of being attached, but I can totally imagine living in either one of them and feeling like a queen in my own little castle.We have totally outgrown our current home where Michelle has taken over every single bit of open space. There are now too much toys for too little a house, and my daughter just wants to add more. She’s already asked her dad for Donald and Daisy to add to her brood of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters. Once we get A HOUSE, she’s going to have a room all to her self and I can just imagine her wanting to pack as many Disney Characters in to her room. The question remains, WHEN are we going to get a house? I don’t know any more because dates seem to be written in sand.

We’re hoping to close on this house around December 15. I already imagine myself cleaning the house, baking my famous buko pie (ehem!), putting Christmas decorations and arranging presents under a real Christmas tree. I told myself that for our first Christmas in the new home, we would get a real tree, where ever that new home will be. Never mind that it’s a pain to dispose that real tree after Christmas, I want the smell of pine to fill up the house even for just one season.I’m looking forward to all the memories we’ll have in the house. But I can’t get my hopes waaaay up and set myself up for disappointment the second time around. *sigh* God will give us the house that’s perfect for us, in His own perfect time. =D

1 comment:

laieesha said...

oooh oooh where are these 2 houses??

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts