Friday, March 04, 2011

29 is the magic number

towards the end of february, i told myself, 'if i don't lose at least a few lbs this month, i'm joining weight watchers.'


and guess what happened????


WALANG NA-BAWAS SA AKING TIMBANG.


so on march 2nd, i decided that if jennifer hudson can do it, i can do it too! 




hahaha!  so i signed up for weight watchers online, entered my information and they calculated that i can consume 29 points a day to lose weight.  those points translate to a mysterious number of calories per day.  today is my 3rd day on the program.


so far so good.  i have not lost weight (3 days palang e) but i have been really watching what i ate, trying to stay within the 29 points i should consume.  i pick healthier food choices and i think before i eat. i've been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables (which have zero points so i can eat a lot of it).  hopefully, in 3 months, i could lose 20% of my weight and move closer to my ideal size.  


i was tempted to take diet pills and take the 'easy' route to losing weight.  i've tried this in the past and while some do work, i end up gaining it all back after i stop taking the pills... it does not really change my eating habits and that is what needs to change.  i really want to stick to this weight watchers thing (for as long as i can afford it) and hopefully i stay long enough to change the way i eat.  


i miss wearing my pre-motherhood jeans that i can't find the courage to donate to the salvation army because i am still hopeful that someday i will fit back into them.  maybe weight watchers will help me get there.  i'm feeling really optimistic.  

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts