Wednesday, December 18, 2013

looking forward to 2014

i picked up my car from the service center today and paid $1,003 to replace the rear shocks.  it was me who was shocked.  it is an exorbitant amount of money to pay to get a car serviced but what can I do?  when I became a Christian, I learned to shrug things off when it's something beyond my control...there's no point in stressing over finances and the cost of things, God is in control of every aspect of my life anyway.  so even though my wallet bled quite a bit today, in the grand scheme of things, it is insignificant. 

I encountered a customer that seemed shady and I have my doubts that she will ever pay the debt she owes me.  if she doesn't, I charge it to experience but will also make an effort to collect the debt.  I feel sorry for people who think they can one-up someone...she's probably on her flight thinking, 'hahaha! naisan ko si almira!'  but she doesn't know that the debt she owes me may end up costing her quite more than she expected.  the Lord will return what the locust has stolen.  I firmly believe  in reaping what we sow.  if we sow goodness and kindness, then we reap the same harvest, and the harvest will be plentiful.  if we sow theft and malice and lies, then we will reap the same also, ten-fold, maybe even a hundred-fold.

before I was a Christian, i believed in karma - what goes around, comes around.  so before knowing the Lord, it was my motivation for trying my best to be honest and good.  i don't want karma to bite me in the rear and ruin what i worked so hard for.  now, i am moved by a different belief.  it is a belief in what the Lord says in His Word, 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' Romans 12:19.  so if God says He will avenge and repay, who am i to doubt that? 

so as i was driving from the car dealer today, the Lord reminded me of all the blessings from 2013.  the Lord has provided more than enough in every aspect of my life.  while i complained a lot about my health this year, i still wake up every morning with a renewed hope in the Lord.  of course, i still need to do my part in maintaining my health.  with the new medication that i am taking, i do feel an improvement from my RA symptoms.  hopefully in a couple of months, there will be little or no pain at all so i can go back to exercising. 

now i need to plan for 2014, i need to increase my sales, open a new business, GIVE MORE and still be able to spend quality time with my family. with Christ's help, this will all come to pass. 

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts