Saturday, June 14, 2014

london food

one of my favorite things about traveling is trying the different kinds of food.  Nando's has been on my list since i heard about it several years ago and it did not disappoint.  think of it as a spicy version of chicken inasal (a type of bbq chicken from Bacolod, Philippines).   it was delicious! 



no photos of the food because we were so hungry and we just ate it all!  

wagamama is also winner in my book. I had the curry with shrimp over rice.  paul wasn't too impressed with his ramen and wished he ordered the same dish as mine. 



shrimp with curry

fried calamari

my favorite out of the food/restaurants we tried in London was shake shack.   when we were in new York city last year, we missed out on trying the food at shake shack.  well, we missed out a lot on that trip to NYC.  it was unbelievably hot so we always had to wait until it gets a little cooler before we stepped out of the hotel.  we finally got our shake shack opportunity while in London and my goodness was that burger good!  some of my girl friends are in new York this week and before they left, they asked me what I wanted from new York, I said, 'well, if you're arriving early enough, I want a burger from shake shack.' unfortunately, their flight lands at 11:30 pm Pacific so no shake shack for me. =(

i still dream about this burger


of course we had our fill of fish and chips.  we tried the fish and chips at Jamie Oliver's Union Jacks and at the Wellington Pub.  I liked wellington's fish and chips more than Jamie's.  it was cheaper, too.  I also enjoyed the mushy peas with a hint of mint.  it doesn't look very good but to me it went well with the fish and chips.   



pizza, she always gets pizza

the mussels were alright

pork belly, he can't say no to pork belly

fish and chips...i actually enjoy the mushy peas


fish and chips at the wellington; better than jamie oliver's

if there is no pizza, mac n cheese is michelle's next choice


so in summary, my top 3 London restaurants are:
1. shake shack
2. nando's
3. wagamama


No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts