Friday, February 16, 2018

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

one of my favorite poems of all time is by Jessie B. Rittenhouse...

“I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more, 
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store;

For Life is just an employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.

I worked for a menial's hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have paid.”


today, I read Psalm 2 and it speaks about the same thing...asking what we want in life.  often times, I don't ask for BIG things.  I always ask for what i think i deserve, according to how 'good' i think i am.  But as a Child of God, I could ask for the world and God would give it to me, not because I deserve it but because the Father sees the Son in me, and that makes me worthy of the world!  It's not the size of my faith, because even faith the size of a mustard seed could move mountains.  so everyday i will remind myself to ASK, ASK, ASK!

Making the ask is not for everyone, but reserved for God's children.  Not the naysayers, not the unbelievers, not for mockers, but for those who worship God in adoring embrace and celebrate in trembling awe!  Psalm 2:10-12

I ask for favor in this pending business.  I ask for favor in financing this business.  I ask for payment of all debts.  I ask for bigger giving.  I ask for good health and long life for myself and those who are near and dear to me.  I ask for my family's salvation.  I ask for lives changed, bondage and chains broken.  I ask for renewed lives that are dedicated to Christ.  I ask for wisdom and wealth to be shared with others.  I ask for ALL GOOD THINGS and ALL OF GOD'S PROMISES FULFILLED in me, through me, for Christ's glory!





No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts