Monday, May 07, 2007

blast from the past

i was looking at my friends' profiles on friendster when i suddenly felt homesick and miss my friends...all the friends that i spent time with...even people that i haven't spoken to in decades. it was as if i was brought back to the times i spent with those people.

i am blessed to have met such wonderful people in my life. some of them i no longer know where they are and how they are doing, but there are times like today that i think of them and pray that they are happy with their lives.

of all the friends that i miss, there is one person that i think about more often than others...

i've known robert castaneda since i was at least 10 years old (he was 11) and he became one of my good friends since then. he had his own quirks and behaviors that i don't always approved but robert and i had a mutual respect for each other. when i talked, he listened and vice versa. even when i moved to the states, he would make it a point to drop by the house to say hi and do a little bit of catching up. since he passed away, i've had at least 2 dreams about him and think about him a lot during my waking hours, too. i miss robert. i wish we could have talked more. i wish i could have shared my faith in the Lord with him. i wish i was there for him when he needed a friend. i wish i was there when he was hurt. i wish i could have told him that his friendship meant a lot to me and that he was very dear to me. now i can only think of him with mixed emotions. i really really miss him.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts