Thursday, May 22, 2008

birthday surprise


i didn't have a celebration planned for my actual birthday. there's about 15 people close to me (friends and family) that celebrate our birthdays between april 30 and may 21. parang every other day may handaan! daig pa ang christmas season! pag pasok ng may, throw your diet plans aside and get ready to gain weight dahil food will be everywhere in sight.

i also don't like surprises that much either. ayoko yung nagugulat ako at kumakabog ang dibdib.

pero this birthday is different.

i was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED and TOUCHED by the gesture of my friends from the philippines. for this, my 28th birthday, they threw a circus themed children's party at jollibee. seriously! a children's party! at jollibee! they had cake, balloons, games, the works! my brothers, sisters in law and nieces and nephews were there too. i was so touched kasi for me, birthdays are not solely about the celebrant, but also of the lives of the people she loves. i was so happy to see them all having a good time and laughing, all in celebration of my birthday. ang totoo nyan, my life is a celebration of them---silang mga mahal ko sa buhay. they helped mold me into the person i am now. God has blessed me with such an amazing family and wonderful set of friends...tipong kahit milya milya ang layo namin, i feel how much they love me and i hope they feel how much i love them, too.

aside from the party, they also made a video of their messages for me. friends from all over the world left me video and email messages. may mga galing dito sa states, sa pilipinas, korea, at kung saan saan pa! katuwa! napaka creative ng mga taong ito...and they were all able to keep it a secret from me!!!

naiyak iyak ako ng konti kagabi while watching the video. i miss all of my friends and family! sabi ko nga kay chel, life's greatest treasures are not material things, but the relationships we build. my relationship with my family and my friends ang kayamanan ko sa mundo, it is them that i am most grateful for.

Lord, maraming salamat dahil you have blessed me so much and i know that your plans for me in the future hold so much more. i am deeply humbled by your goodness sa kabila ng napakarami kong pagkukulang. sabi nga sa bibliya, who is man that you are mindful of him? at sino ako that you have blessed me with so much? the joy in my heart is too much to contain. the love you send my way is overflowing. maraming salamat Lord. para sa panibagong taon na ito na dinagdag mo sa buhay ko Panginoon, baguhin mo ang puso ko, make me more mindful of You. change me into the person you want me to be. I love you, Lord, and i really miss spending more time with you. help me Lord, in all things, in big and small things. stay in control of my life, i lift everything up to You. Jesus, You are Lord and Savior of my life, thank you for everything!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts