Wednesday, August 05, 2009

off the market

the job market that is!

i have a new job still with my former company. God is so goood!

i went to a job interview today for a different opportunity. as soon as i walked out of the interview, there was a message waiting for me in my voicemail. i returned the manager's call and after haggling on an annual salary, i formally accepted the job offer. i was ecstatic, jumping up and down and telling my family and my friends and my pastors the wonderful news!

but my scenario was very different just two weeks ago.

two weeks ago, i found myself desperately crying out to the Lord for some clarity, for some peace. as much as i enjoyed spending the last six months everyday with michelle, i knew in my heart that i was not ready to be a stay at home mom. we are not financially ready for it either. so along with my frustrations about my lack of career and our dwindling savings account and all the bills we have to pay, i spent several mornings weeping and wailing. michelle could see my tears and it broke my heart that it was my daughter comforting me when it should be the other way around. despite my moments of breakdown, i never lost my faith in the Lord. i'm sure there are times in other people's lives when they, too, felt desperate and very low. i am no different.

but God's promises are true and he is the same yesterday, today, and forever. it wasn't uncommon in the news to hear about people who were laid off from work who commit suicide, or go postal. those things never crossed my mind, but on some level, i understood their desperation (but in no way do i support their actions). i am blessed my faith has kept me hopeful and sane. i am extremely blessed to have the love and support of my husband who has never lost his confidence in me. he's always there to encourage me and listen to my frustrations. i am blessed to have a daughter who never fails to make me smile. i am blessed with parents who will do anything for their children. i pray i can do the same for my daughter. i am blessed with friends who do not hesitate to boost my self confidence, who spends time with me when they know that i'm feeling low, they are always there to cheer me up. i am blessed with a church family that prays for me and are there for me when i needed support. these people are my greatest treasure.

so if you chance upon this blog and you were laid off and are looking for a new job or facing some kind of problem right now, don't be discouraged. something good is waiting for you out there. pray, have faith. God is good to everyone. and like he said in His word, 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty." Haggai 2:9

in short, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

5 comments:

Digna said...

Congratulations! you are truly blessed!

ASC said...

thanks tita digs!!!

tosinpdx said...

congrats, Almira :)

And I agree,God is good... :)

laieesha said...

congrats mie!! even though you didn't tell me and i had to find out through your blog, congrats pa rin! and me not telling you about the new car is an unintended revenge hehehe

Anonymous said...

Congrats mie. God is good. He provided you with the most precious treasure you can ever have in thir world.

Keep it up and i know a lot will be inspired by this blog like I am now.

Thanks.

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts