Wednesday, October 28, 2009

to kill a mockingbird

i have not blogged about it but i finished reading 'to kill a mockingbird' sometime last month in a little over 1 week...which to me is pretty fast since i only have a chance to read during my commute to and from work (only 25 mins each way and when i'm heading to work, i stop reading 2 stations from my destination to avoid missing my stop and ending up late to work). twice i missed my station on my way home because i was so into the book. it truly deserves the pulitzer prize it won decades ago.


if you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and read it. i borrowed mine from the library but i'm planning to buy a hard cover on amazon because this is something i know michelle will read in the future. it is truly an american classic. i haven't read a book (other than the bible) that has moved me as much as this book did. it will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you angry (oh and it did so many times!), it will make you think, it gives you hope, and reminds you of the beauty of childhood innocence. i borrowed the movie from the library today (starring the guwapong guwapong gregory peck). paul and i will watch it this weekend.

2 comments:

tosinpdx said...

We reviewed this book in college, in one of the HUM classes. I like it too :)

ASC said...

i really like it! if i could convince paul to read it im sure he'll like it too. tamad magbasa yun e. nagdadownload lang ng audio books pag meron sya gusto 'basahin' hehehe

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts