Friday, April 08, 2011

a long drive ahead

we are heading to vegas in less than two weeks.  

i love going to vegas to see the lights...it never fails to amaze me how much electricity a city wastes each night. hahaha!  for someone who doesn't like crowds and does not gamble, for some reason, i am drawn to vegas...it's not because i've found it as an escape from my quiet [read: boring] life...i never do anything 'naughty' when i'm there.  siguro lakwatsera lang talaga ako and going to vegas seems different each time we go.

a few days ago, i again began my search for the best hotel for our buck.  paul and i narrowed our search down to the MGM Grand, Treasure Island, and Vdara.  they were all priced about the same...vdara was the newest among the three.  last year, we stayed at Aria which is just right next door to Vdara.  i found city center to be ultra modern and lacking in warmth.  treasure island was the cheapest of the three by a few bucks.  it was my third choice because i wasn't too thrilled about their pool.  mgm grand looked like it was going to be our home for the weekend in las vegas.  but i held off on reserving it in the hopes that something better would come along.

the next day, i had lunch with my ninang carmen (ninang from my wedding) and we talked about vegas.  i told her we plan on being there over the easter weekend and she asked where we were staying.  i told her i haven't quite made up my mind because my first choice was waaay beyond my budget even with my firm's discount.  she told me that her company has good rates at the hotel and she's going to try to see if she can get the same rate for us.

kinabukasan, answered prayer kaagad! carmen sent me the confirmation for our stay at the four seasons in las vegas! and the rates are cheaper than any of the three hotels i mentioned earlier.  i was thrilled!!!  i LOVE LOVE LOVE staying at the four seasons.  they treat you like royalty!  i've stayed at 3 other four seasons properties in the past, (beverly hills, san francisco, and westlake village) and i am always blown away by the service and the courtesy they extend their guest.  the hotel itself is nice, the rooms are ok...not the most beautiful i've seen but i keep going back for the service.  now i am even more excited to visit vegas again!



No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts