Monday, May 02, 2011

MOONSTAR / PACMAN / PIES (no creative title)

i skipped work today...


we celebrated my pastor's birthday yesterday at MOONSTAR buffet and for the 2nd time, it gave me food poisoning.  i don't know if it was the sashimi, the clams, or the oyster..whatever it was doesn't really matter any more because i don't think i'm going back.  i had food poisoning the last time i was there, more than a year ago, and now, yet again.  my best friend had food poisoning, too.  i wonder who else got it...chel asked me, 'should we call the restaurant and let them know?' i said, 'it doesn't matter.  i don't think they'd really care.' after a brief conversation, we hung up and went straight to the bathroom.  (the rest i leave to your imagination) LOL


after drinking tons of water and one too many trips to the bathroom, i am feeling slightly better.  although at times i still feel like i was punched by manny pacquiao in the gut.  speaking of pacman, we're having a pacman party here at home on saturday to watch his boxing match with mosley and to celebrate 4 birthdays during the 1st half of may - my dad's (may 3rd), my uncle cesar's (may 5th), my cousin in law charlie (may 7th), and my other cousin in law adrian (may 9th).  my aunt and i will celebrate later this month.  6 celebrations in the family in just one month.  at church, someone's celebrating a birthday it seems like every other day this month...i'm not kidding.  may is not a good month to go on a diet.  


i made pies again today...i have 2 really good pies on my menu now - buko and ube macapuno.  on saturday, with my relatives as my guinea pigs, i might try a 3rd and 4th pie for them to taste....one will be mango and the other maybe a banana and jackfruit pie (i want this one to taste like turon).  i wonder what will go well with the mango?  i want something different..i know peach-mango is  a good combination....but i want something else.  anyone got any ideas?

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts