Friday, May 25, 2012

hmmp!

i'm upset! 


jessica sanchez didn't win american idol!  =(


hahaha!


even if she wasn't half filipino (she's half filipino, half mexican, 100% american), i think she is the best singer from the group, not perfect, but the best out of all the contestants.  i voted for her, but apparently, the support she got was no match to teenage girls who have nothing to do but vote for the cute, white boy with his guitar.  


i think philip phillips has got great talent.  is he the best singer on idol?  not even close...but then again, i have to remind myself that idol really isn't a singing contest but a popularity contest.  


so as not to be dubbed a sore loser....Philip, congratulations!  I pray for your health (I heard another surgery is to come) and a great career ahead of you. 


and that is without bitterness.  the kid worked hard..maybe even harder than the other kids especially given his health.  


what got me upset was some of the facebook posts i saw from people i know...one comment that irked me so much said (referring to be being filipino in america)..."Not surprised. A second-class citizen will always remain second. Still proud of my kabayan. Hehe"  what second class citizen????  Jessica's not a second class citizen?  Jessica's as american as philip...her opportunity here in the land where she was born is just the same as mine, just the same as Philips. Whaaa?  


i was so mad!!!  i don't consider myself a second class citizen.  i would be livid if anyone ever called my daughter a second class citizen because of her ethnicity...i came so close to sending that person a private message and let him know that his comment makes him look ignorant (and this person is proud of his smarts!).  i had to keep my cool and tell myself that everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  i think the comment was wrong but what does that person know?  the person doesn't live here so he doesn't know what life here is like and the freedoms and opportunities this country provides for its people.  it's not a perfect place but i think it's better than many other places i've seen.  



No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts