Saturday, December 08, 2012

nothing can make me blog except

the excitement of a potential vacation!

i've had vienna, austria in my mind for the last couple of days.  ever since i saw an old episode of Rick Steves' Europe while we were still living in the Philippines, I have dreamed of spending the holidays in Vienna.  I saw a new episode of Rick Steves' in Austria a week ago and i just can't stop thinking about it.  i told myself that someday (soon), we will go.  and so after consulting my husband, we MAY go Christmas of 2014.  two years away but hey, it's never too soon to plan, right?

i will need to brush up on my Deutsche.  i took two quarters of german in college and have retained very little (if any at all).  i want to see go walk in the night markets and buy loads of christmas ornaments.  i want to see the palaces and listen to the opera...haaaay!  dreaming is for free so why not dream big dreams, right?  we have family in italy who said they may join us in vienna if we ever go.  i have very close friends in germany also who said they'll make the trip to vienna.  that should be fun!!  ay so excited na ako kahit na two years away pa at mega ipon ang kailangang gawin!





but before that, we gots to save money and try to spend christmas in the philippines first.  i would love for my daughter to see how her dad and i celebrated christmas when we were kids.  that is going to be a really pricey trip, too.  now that i am in the travel industry, i know how much airfares to the philippines cost and it is crazy expensive!  so before my dream trip to vienna....it's christmas in the philippines first for 2013 so we can also be with our family and friends over there.  =D


No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts