Thursday, July 10, 2014

french food

this post has been sitting in my drafts folder for a while now...but one word describes the food in france. 

DELICIOUS.

DELICIOUS!

the food is really, really good!  we enjoyed everything we ate in paris...from the breakfast at the hotel (continental only), to the lunch and dinner at various places, the food was good.  I had my foie gras fix while in paris because it is now banned in California (living here has its pros and cons and no foie gras is a con!!!!!).

even michelle who doesn't have the same appreciation as I do about food was really very pleased with everything she ate...that or maybe she just gets really really hungry when walking 10 miles every day.  it's weird because she would eat food that she wouldn't normally eat at home, e.g. escargot or mushroom sauce.  she didn't love the escargot but she tried it, which, if you're a mom of a 7 year old, is a big leap already!
we always went to the café just across the street from our hotel (café republique) because it was convenient, affordable, and delicious. 

 
 


just looking at the pics and thinking how good it was makes my mouth water and yearn to go back! (someday!)

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts