Wednesday, January 24, 2018

trying out these writing prompts

i miss writing...so much!  this blog was never an outlet for my creative juices...i'm not really a creative writer...i just like to write.  i like essays and non-fiction.  i know i'm very rusty, but i plan on writing again, and writing better. 

so here's the first crack at this thing i downloaded, writing prompts:

Day 1
Breaking Up With Writer’s Block
It’s time for you and Writer’s Block to part ways. Write a letter breaking up with Writer’s
Block, starting out with, “Dear Writer’s Block, it’s not you, it’s me …”


Dear Writer's Block, it's not you, it's me.  I have been utterly lazy and spent too much time wallowing in misery. Yes, I have been miserable these last few years.  That's actually something I have not admitted to anyone but you.  Yes, I have been miserable.  Not to the point of depression but to the point of indifference, which, might be worse.  I felt like I gave up on many things and lost the will and the fire that I used to have inside me. 

I don't want to get too personal and bore you with my life's drama.  It has been a challenging 3 years but I have vowed to bounce back and get that spring in my step and that zest for life that I used to have.  It's coming back, slowly but surely. 

I told you I was rusty.  My sentences are short and ill-constructed.  By the time I get to the end of these writing prompts, I am optimistic that my writing will be fluid and my sentences well-constructed. 

I have to say goodbye, Writer's Block.  Don't take it personally, but I hope to never see you again. 

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts