Friday, September 08, 2006

love at first sight

on sept 3rd, at 10:42 am, i gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, michelle jean.


as soon as i stared into her angelic little face, i knew i was in love with her forever.

it's hard to explain what giving birth was like. it was a very physical, emotional, and spiritual moment for me. i prayed through each contraction and asked the Lord to give me the strength to go through the delivery, to be with us at that very moment. i was so blessed that i had the support of my husband paul, my parents, and my best friend, chel. it was an emotional ride for all of us and as soon as michelle was born, tears fell from our eyes. it's amazing how such a small baby can rock our world and change our lives. when she was placed on top of my chest, i could feel the warmth of her body and i am sure she could feel the warmth of my love for her as well.

mj is now 5 days old. paul and i have had 5 days of very limited sleep but immeasurable amounts of joy. as each day passes, we will try to mold mj to be the best person she can be, she, in turn, molds us to be the best parents we can be, too. mj is our legacy. the three of us pray together, that the Lord will strengthen our family and we thank the Lord for bringing the 3 of us together.

1 comment:

laieesha said...

Only one pic?? Go to my blog and you'll see a whole lot more.. haha... LOVE YOU DUDAY!

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts