Friday, September 01, 2006

maternity leave

today was my last day at work (for the time being) and the start of my maternity leave. i am so glad i no longer have to work next week and just take it easy while i wait for the baby. my stomach has ballooned to an incredible size and i can't even believe i weigh this much!!! but i'm happy. =) paul's here, my baby is due soon and we can all spend time together as a brand new family. =)

i go back to work on december 8th. so i have a full 13 weeks to concentrate on being a mom and housewife. i've always wanted to be a housewife. that's how i've always imagined myself once i have a family. but it's different now. the ideal would still be that i stay home and take care of my family, but we want to be able to provide the best for our baby (without spoiling her!) so maybe i'll work for several more years, save up, and then decide. we would like to send her to a really good school, get the best education, save for college...give her all that we can through God's marvelous grace, ofcourse.

paul got his first 'american' guitar today. =) by 'american' i mean, his first guitar purchase here in the states. he's playing right now as i write this blog. it's really nice to hear him play again. the guitar is his first love so i know how important it is for him to have a guitar when he gets here. we didn't buy an expensive guitar (he said he'll buy an 'nice' electric guitar at some point, but not soon)...we bought a takamine acoustic guitar from the guitar center...i think we got a pretty good deal and paul's happy with how the guitar sounds. i'm happy he's happy. =) he hasn't been spending too much time playing his 'ran online' video game. hehehe i'd rather he improve on his musical talent and have mj hear him play than see him sit infront of the computer and play video games. (i'm obviously not into video games hehehe).

back to pregnancy...i am now 38 weeks pregnant. am i scared? not really. just a little worried about the pain. i just tell myself that millions of women have gone through the ordeal of child birth and have survived so i will, too. the Lord will be with me as i deliver mj within the next couple of weeks. He will be my source of strength...and also, with the love and support that i'm getting from paul, may parents and my closest friends, i shouldn't be scared. =)

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts