Wednesday, July 16, 2008

calorie sticker shock

New Yorkers try to swallow calorie sticker shock
New Yorkers have been in the throes of sticker shock since this spring when the Big Apple became become the first city in the country to implement a law forcing chain restaurants to post calories.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25464987/from/ET/

.

This is a truly marvelous thing!

.

I remember once at mcdonald’s, I wanted to get their snack wrap which is a piece of fried chicken tender, wrapped in tortilla with lettuce and ranch dressing. The serving is small, that’s why they called it the snack wrap, but I was still curious how many calories were in that teeny tiny thing. So I bravely asked one of the crew members if they had the nutrition information for the things they were serving. Of course they didn’t but I ordered it any way. I still don’t know how many calories are there. The last time I checked it wasn’t on the website.

.

If hope California follows New York’s lead. This will discourage me from ordering high calorie items masked as healthier alternatives. There will be days when I just gotta have whatever it is that I wanted…like last Sunday when I indulged in a cheese burger with grilled onions and a strawberry shake from in n out. There was an order of fries too but those were eaten by my mom and michelle. I probably consumed 800 calories right there but I didn’t regret every bit of it. =D it was just one of those days.

.

Gotta love new york for being the first in the country to require all chain restaurants to post the calories along with the price tag. Bravo New York!!!!

2 comments:

Pukaykay said...

This is interesting!

But I dont think thats ever going to work here in Pinas.

When I was in Japan, when i ordered a huge chocolate drink, a japanese co-worker told me "isnt that high in calories?"

I was like..."Uh..i dont mind"

Pero hinde! dapat I mind!

ASC said...

oo dapat we mind!!! hindi pwede yung kung ano ano nalang ang kinakain! haaay! my forever battle with the bulge!

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts