Saturday, July 25, 2009

the boss of me

on one hand...michelle is the boss of me.

that's how it is when you have kids. it's very rare that you get to do what you want. we parents still have the upper hand (most of the time), but who has the energy to debate and argue with a 3 year old?

i was enjoying my time with my parents while watching knowing on ppv when michelle calls from the master bedroom, 'mommy!!!!!' i get up and go in to ask her what she needs. 'mommy stay here.' do you argue with that? of course not. so now i'm stuck here in the room watching dragon tales on sprout. haaaaaay!

thank heavens for dvr, we are recording the movie as my parents watch it. saves us a trip to the video store, no late fees, and we can keep the movie until we want it. who knows when my boss will finally give me permission to watch the rest of the movie!

on the other hand, my boss is a real sweetheart.

she rests her head on my arm as i type this (and yes, it makes typing very difficult!). there are many times during the day when she'll kiss my hand, my cheek or wherever else she can kiss me and then she'll just smile. she's truly very sweet. we have our 'cuddle time', 'kwentuhan time', 'nosey nose', 'fish kiss' and many more moments that are especially ours. she knows how to apologize when she does something that's not acceptable. i try my best not to say, 'bad yan!' it's just me, but i don't want her to hear the word 'bad' all the time, then she'll use it and abuse it, then every little thing would be 'bad' like the answer to every question when she first learned the word 'no' was 'no'. so when she does something that i don't like...say, sticking her feet up my face for me to smell (yes, she does that and thinks it's funny). i say, 'michelle, stop that. that's very rude.' and she'll stop. madali naman sya pagsabihan and pakiusapan MOST OF THE TIME.

when she gets a scolding, she wont ask me if i'm upset or if i'm mad...she'll ask me if i'm happy. if i say no, she wont ask anymore questions. that means, 'galit talaga si mommy' and she'll back off. if i say yes to her question, she'll ask me to smile and if i smile that means, 'hindi na galit si mommy.' and she'll smile back at me or ask for a kiss and understand that she's already been forgiven.

elaborate sya magisip no?

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts