Tuesday, July 07, 2009

michelle's understanding of michael jackson's death

michael jackson's death is all over the news and i'm watching with michelle. she asks me when she sees paris jackson crying,

michelle: 'why is the girl crying, mommy?'

me: 'she's crying because her daddy is in heaven now.'

michelle: 'why?'

me: 'because he got sick and he died.'

michelle: 'why he not go to the doctor?'

me: 'he went to the doctor but the doctor wasn't able to make him better.'

michelle: 'oh! [she pauses for a second] i need jesus.' and she moves on to play with her toys.

yes, that's exactly how our conversation went. the bottomline really is we need jesus, even my 2 year old has acknowledged that. no matter who you are or what you have accomplished, at the very end of our life, people may give us memorials like the beautiful memorial given to michael jackson, but none of it we can take to the grave. having jesus in your life, well, that's a gift you'll have for eternity.

1 comment:

Pukaykay said...

Ninang Jamie is proud of you Michelle =)

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts