Monday, March 19, 2012

Milan/Lugano, Switzerland/Milan

"nakita mo ba si coco martin at dawn zulueta sa milan?" ;-)

hindi!  

other than the usual, 'how was your vacation?', this was the most asked question after we got back from our trip.  halatang halata ang mga nakatutok sa teleserye!  haha!


anyway, milan was 'home' for us in italy.  this is where my tita malou (and her family) and my tito norman (and his family) live.  we didn't explore the city until our last full day in italy but we got together with family and went to an italian [christian] church that sunday.  there was a translator so we didn't have any problems understanding the word that day.  God's word is truly amazing - it transcends time, space, language, culture.  the word that day was seeking a deeper relationship with the Lord (Exodus 33:13-14, Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people." And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”). 


paul, me, mom, tito tony, tita malou, chel, tita riza, tito norman


after service, we made a quick stop at...guess where!  mcdonald's!  my goodness!  we ate at mcdonald's twice in the 8 days we were there.  if you are traveling with a child, there is no escaping it.  we then headed to Lugano, Switzerland which is a 45 minute drive from Milan where we met with one of my aunt's dearest friends.  Lugano is beautiful.  i've been there once before and although our trip this time was shrouded in fog, it didn't diminish it's beauty but added a sense of mystique to the place. 

lugano, switzerland

us with my nephew, gabri


 second cousins



the following day (monday), i spent the entire day at my aunt's office and observed how she operates her business.  i pray to one day open an office like hers here in the states...all by faith and according to God's will.  =D


not too much excitement the first few days. michelle and paul were sooo bored that monday but i promised them that the beauty of the next cities we'll visit will make up for monday's boredom. 

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts