Monday, June 11, 2012

robbed


I just have to say a few more things about the fight on Saturday night…if you are a friend of mine on facebook or follow me on twitter, you would have already read some of the things I said.
 
It started like any other manny pacquiao fight for us.  we hosted again at our home and there was enough food to feed a small village.  I did my pre-party work and cleared the small toys out of michelle’s room because it always looks like a tornado swirled past it after she and her cousins are done playing.  Michelle was feeling a little bit under the weather that day and spent most of the fight in bed and insisted I stay in bed with her.  So I was playing mom that night and paul was playing host to about 20 of our relatives. 
 
As the fight was going on, I was telling michelle how pacquiao’s opponent no longer has the energy to punch pacman back.  Manny was taking the first two minutes of each round easy, then aggressively pursuing his opponent on the last minute and a half of the rounds.  It was a lopsided fight.  And Manny Pacquiao won that fight.  Judges would say that it takes skill and training to accurately judge a fight…well, I’m telling you, that fight was so lopsided, even an untrained spectator like me knows who won.  You would have to be blind and deaf to give that fight to Bradley. 
 
Urgh!!!!  I am so disappointed!  Of course I never want to see Manny lose.  I don’t want him to win because of faulty judging either.  And i hated seeing him lose a fight that he won from start to end.  He was robbed.  Plain and simple. 

what good is a championship belt when only a handful believe you earned it?  a strong chin does not a champion make.  
 
I didn’t see his last fight with marquez which a lot of people say could have easily gone to marquez.  My dad even thinks that Marquez won that one.  I was told that was a close fight.  Really close.  If Marquez won that fight, the whole world wouldn’t be in an uproar.  It was an even match- any one of them could have taken that win.
 
But the fight from Saturday was just crazy!  I felt so disappointed, so dismayed.  I felt like someone ripped me off!  and we were all ripped off! I am no longer paying to watch manny’s fights not because of manny but because i have lost all confidence in the sport…I am boycotting any planned rematch between the two because it should not take place!  There should be no rematch because MANNY PACQUIAO WON THAT FIGHT!  And forget about the fight between manny and Floyd.  All the more I will not contribute to put money in mayweather’s pocket!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts