Tuesday, June 12, 2012

would you like some whine with that cab?

it has been a long day.  i worked out when i got home after realizing that i was home alone (i was for about 10 minutes), did some math stuff with michelle and baked pies.  now i'm enjoying a glass of cabernet as i wait for the last 8 minutes before my house is fully engulfed by the smell of buko pie.  


while waiting, i thought about how little time i have for michelle during the work week.  feelings of guilt started to creep in again... and i thought of all the people who ask me, 'so when are you going to have another baby?'  those of you who know me already know the answer and it's reinforced by days like today (and there are a lot of days like today) when i am racked with guilt for not having enough hours to spend with my michelle and not enough hours of 'me time' so i don't turn to a bitch.  


i am tired.  the wine is making me sleepy.  can i have 24 hours all to myself?  just me, preferably at a spa and a glass of champagne.  


michelle just came up to me and said, 'i'm bored.'  and i put motherhood's apron back on again.  

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts