Wednesday, March 18, 2020

COVID-19: Day 2 Shelter in place March 18 2020

So Day 2 has been very much like day 1.  Except, I started to do a cooking show on Instagram Live (if you want to follow me, @thisismimie, you better send me a message first because the profile is private).  

My first episode had 3 viewers.  I cooked Oatmeal Arroz Caldo which is basically savory oatmeal.  This dish, if you can tell by the name is rice cooked in a pot of chicken broth with garlic, onion, ginger.  Instead of rice, I used oatmeal and placed a hardboiled egg in it for protein.  I think I may have shared a recipe here in the past.  But below is my finished product.




I had better success in viewership during the dinner episode.  =) I cooked Shrimp Sinigang which is shrimp in tamarind broth.  I plan on doing more of this during the lockdown.  I like that I get to interact with people and share my cooking skills with them.



Tomorrow, I am going to cook Cajun Prawns.  


The President of the United States signed the coronavirus relief legislation into law.  Based on what I read, Americans are going to get money from the government to help in this crisis.  I just don't know how the money will be distributed, but I know everyone is hurting and needs help.  I pray we all set aside greed and selfishness and do what we need to do for the GREATER GOOD.  

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts