Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of july

i have nothing better to do. today, i decided to just rest and take a break. i've been busy with our friends from Portland in town the last few days. it's been fun hanging out with them and getting to know them better. and now, while they are enjoying the heat of Southern California and Las Vegas, i am in bed with the TV on, wishing I were more ‘mobile’. it's been harder and harder to move. MJ’s getting heavier and heavier and i’m trying to be more cautious with my movements and all the things i do. i’ll cut back on my exercise and eat healthier (today doesn’t count because today’s a holiday! had ice cream for lunch and with dinner…who’s gonna stop me? no one! (chel and paul are not around so no ice cream police to stop me! hehehe not today at least)

so as i sit here and do nothing…i decided to make a list of my favorite things (not that people care)…some of these things I own and some of them i wish i owned. =)

Some of my favorite things (in no particular order):
1. Volvo XC90-loaded, still praying will have this by next year! =)
2. Ice cream from Ghirardelli, Cold Stone, or Marble Slab. On regular days, Dreyer’s Light Slow Churned ice cream will do.
3. Ginisang munggo
4. Crab-crabbing off of pier 3 has become a family past time
5. Lumpiang Shanghai
6. Nokia phones – the most user friendly phones I’ve ever owned are Nokia phones
7. Cable TV
8. Internet
9. Nasu Hasamiage from Spiral – the waiters at Spiral already know I order this as soon as I’m seated. It takes longer to prepare than their other dishes
10. Make-up and moisturizer from Lancome
11. Tsinelas-if I can wear tsinelas sa lahat ng occassions, I probably would
12. Isaw
13. My Bible
14. A nice glass of Chardonnay
15. Venice, Italy – the most romantic, dream–like place I’ve ever been to
16. Palawan – the most beautiful ‘natural’ place I’ve ever been to
17. A good movie at the Metreon while having chicken fingers and curly fries
18. A really good book
19. A warm jacket in cold San Francisco
20. Potato chips
21. A good pair of sunglasses
22. Jeans by Halogen-my best fit so far
23. F-R-I-E-N-D-S reruns

24. A good massage

it's a short list. i can't think straight right now, that's how bored i am. =) i'm just waiting for the fireworks to start on tv since i'm 'too big' (and too lazy) to go to the wharf to watch it live.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts