Thursday, July 27, 2006

thursdays...

wrote these paragraphs at work:

im so bored right now i don't know what else to do! it's been such a slow summer here at work. i wish i just stayed home and slept.

today, i feel heavy...like i wish i hadn't over indulged myself with food the last 8 months (no regrets on the ice cream intake though). i will go back to 'healthy eating' after all the celebrations are over...namely: my nephew's bday tomorrow and the church anniversary on sunday. i will eat mostly veggies from monday until the baby shower on the 19th (Lord, help me!!!!)

today is my coworker's bday and we're going to get free lunch. mexican food...so rice and beans are part of the menu...yikes!


i was 'smart' enough to only eat half my burrito. the other half i've saved for lunch tomorrow. =)


wrote these at home:
earlier, i wished i hadn't picked up my phone. on thursdays, i usually just spend the entire afternoon at home, in bed, watching tv or reading. i had my afternoon all planned out today already...i go home, rest a little, walk for 30 mins, rest, pick up my car at the bart station, talk to my husband, sleep. i was hoping to do all that but i hit a bump in the road...

an old friend called...and while it was cool to see her again, i was upset at myself that i said yes to her invitation when in my head and in my heart i was screaming "no!!!" i didn't want to go anywhere because i take it easy on thursdays and already had the afternooon planned. but too late, i said yes and could no longer take it back because i always flake on her. (well, we always flake on each other!)

anyway, met her at starbucks...the ironic thing is that i just told chel yesterday that i do not like hangging out at coffee shops. while others find it a relaxing place to hang out and chat with friends, i don't find it quite as comfortable. i can go there every once in a while, but it's not really a place i'd want to hang out. there are too many distractions, the seats are not that comfortable and while i drink coffee now, i still do not like the smell of coffee or coffee shops. my friend and i talked for a little bit - less than an hour...she was busy working, too, so i didn't feel bad about staying for just an hour. we agreed to have dinner next week though, which i wont be surprised if she cancels. i guess we have a convenient friendship...we show up only when necessary and convenient...don't get me wrong, we're there for each other but we really don't hang out as much as other friends...we have a different group of friends we regularly hang out with...we see each other several times a year and that's enough for us. i felt bad feeling upset earlier about having to see her. but after seeing her, i felt glad i said yes. =)

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts