Monday, November 05, 2007

my weekend at the beaver state (a.k.a. oregon)

I came home last night after spending the weekend in Portland where Paul now lives/works. I flew after work on Friday in a really cramped airplane by horizon air. There were probably about 100 passengers in this tiny tiny tiny aircraft…so tiny there’s no room in the overhead bin for carry-ons that are larger than a backpack. I traveled light (so proud of myself) with really just the essentials but I still carried a wheeled carry-on which they had to tuck under the plane just as we were boarding. Sa sobrang liit ng plane, I couldn’t even cross my legs properly. I’m not going to pull a ‘malou fernandez’ and rant about economy class seats (I’ve never flown biz or first class in all miles I’ve travelled in the air) pero sobrang sikip talaga nung eroplano! So I made a mental note to AVOID flying a plane that small again. Buti nalang on my flight back to san Francisco , I was upgraded ng konti to economy plus seats on united. I had 5 extra inches of leg room which made a whole lot of difference. I had a window seat, and an empty seat to my left so I had enough elbow room. I was wondering why I was upgraded. I’m guessing it’s because this is my 3rd flight on united in less than a month and a half. Maybe they noticed that I’m becoming a true frequent flier. =) bring on the perks!

This weekend I realized that eating out all the time is NO FUN! Friday night, we ate P.F. Chang’s. well, we ordered our food to go because there was a 45 minute wait just to be seated and paul and I were both starving. If we stayed, it will take another 30 minutes before we can get our food so take out was the best option. on Saturday, breakfast was the food at the hotel, lunch was food from ikea where we shopped for furniture and dinner was thai food from thai orchid. Sunday, breakfast was tuna sandwich (home made) and lunch was food from old Chicago . So 5 of the 6 meals I ate in Portland were restaurant food. When I got home last night, I was happy to eat chicken adobo and rice with my bare hands! Nothing’s better than comfort food!

Now I miss paul. We were exhausted from this weekend of running errands and building furniture but we had fun because we now have our ‘own place’ kahit na it’s 500 miles away from me. It’s really more like his bachelor pad-2 years late (we’re married 2 years now) but he’s not complaining. All the furniture is from ikea so we only spent about $1,100 to furnish the entire apartment. Buti nalang walang sales tax sa Oregon !

We missed michelle. Most of what we talked about was our growing love for this beautiful girl. Haaay. I’m sure miss na miss na ni paul and mini version nya.

Before I left Portland , I promised paul that he will come home for thanksgiving to a slimmer wife. He looked at me like I told him I was turning stone into bread, you should have seen his face! Of course I already have a plan in mind.

Enter: the master cleanser diet a.k.a. the lemonade diet. According to “The Master Cleanser,” Burroughs’s book, the lemon acts as a purifier and provides potassium, the cayenne pepper adds B and C vitamins and aids in circulation, and maple syrup, a sugar, provides energy and minerals. Burroughs suggested that fasters drink anywhere from 6 to 12 glasses of the stuff a day as well as a mixture of water and sea salt in the morning and an herbal laxative tea in the evening, to help aid in waste removal. (don’t imagine too much. It’s not a pretty picture)

My co-worker lost 17 lbs and gained a few back after he went off the diet but he’s happy with the results.

I was gonna start my lemonade diet tomorrow but because it’s ate t’s bday on Wednesday and michelle and i have been invited to have dinner with her family, I have to move it to Thursday and avoid questions from the camus family like, ‘why are you just having water when this bounty is before you?’ or ‘is this diet even safe?’ or a better remark I’d like to hear is, ‘you look great! You don’t need to lose weight!’

Of all the comments, the last one is the one I’m least likely to hear. So I’ll start my diet on Thursday. =) I’m hoping to lose at least 10 lbs. maybe then I’ll fit into the old halogen jeans that I absolutely love. (hindi ako maka 7 for all mankind, my hips are too much for $150 jeans. Dun ako sa mas mura!)

So ayan. I haven’t written anything in a looooooooong time. Hoping to write more in the coming days. =)

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts