Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'tis the season for sneezing

well, it's that time of the year again. spring is here and with it comes severe allergies. it's been really bad the last couple of weeks. i wake up in the middle of the night and get sneezing fits and find it hard to fall back to sleep. i have my humidifier on, and now pulled out my air filter, too. i went to my doctor today to see if there's other things i can do to improve my allergy condition. she suggested an allergy test (i'll get this done on saturday) and all of the following:

nasonex nasal spray
allegra (1 pill in the morning, 1 pill in the evening)
saline solution nasal spray (alternate with nasonex)
allergy eye drops
nasal flush

the most interesting part of this anti-allergy regimen is the nasal flush. it involves using a small teapot looking device, you stick the spout up one nostril, let the saline solution flow in one nostril and out the other. it's interesting and gross when you think about it. michelle is fascinated each time i do this. it provides some relief...i really do it more to entertain my daughter.

my eyes are bloodshot again from all the sneezing and blowing of my nose. as beautiful as spring is, i wish it would end soon so i can get my 'normal' life back.




No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts