Wednesday, August 25, 2010

negativity wont get me anywhere

i started writing a blog criticizing 3 of the most annoying personalities i've ever come across in philippine show business.  i have avoided reading articles about them but even headlines have given me enough reason to get irritated.  on the blog entry that i started writing, i criticized their personalities, their ethics, their tactlessness.  i went on and on and on about the things that made them horrible...

and then i stopped.  i may see the horrible side of who they are, but i'm sure they have friends and family who think highly of them, so i turned off the computer and moved on.  they wouldn't care what i write about them, and i have no right to judge.

over the last several years, i've learned to control my feelings, the things i say, and the things i do.  it really is the Lord and His Word, changing me everyday from faith to faith.  in james it says, "Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does." James 1:23-25. 

you just learn to see things more clearly, and He reminds you that He loves them all...even the ones whom i think are unloveable.  He shows me what it's like to see the world, to see people they way they see them.  to have more compassion rather than irritation. 

writing about bad things wont get me anywhere.  it doesn't solve the problem and brings people down.  but i still vent, usually on twitter, where i am limited to 140 characters...the less i say, the less i sin.  so twitter has been my venting outlet.

there was a situation at work that got me so furious last week, and all i could tweet was, 'get off your high horse, dude!  you're not all that!'  i wanted to say so much more, but 1 tweet is all it took that day to get the negativity out of my system. 

i found that it's best on certain occassions to keep the mouth shut, and to pick the battles that i want to fight.  i've never been a nag because i'd rather write than speak and it has helped my marriage! hahaha!  paul and i don't really fight.  sometimes we get on each other's nerves...i don't know what his trick is...but mine is that i don't initiate a conversation with him.  if he asks me a question, my answer is always straight to the point (hindi ako bastos, pag kinakausap ako, nakikipag usap ako).  i try not to ask him anything, i just keep myself busy, or i go to the room or play with michelle.  by the time we go to bed, i've already cooled down, he's forgotten why he got upset, he holds my hand and we go to sleep.which reminds me...we celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary next month. that may be short compared to my parents who has been married some 38 years, but i do feel we've had quite an achievement.  5 years and going strong, we're happy, and still in love!  and part of the success comes from picking our battles and staying positive.
 
so try to look for that silver lining... look for the best in people, even when they behave at their worst.  God loves us all....equally...and none of us deserve it.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts