Monday, August 09, 2010

rejection

there's someone i know whom i invited to hang out with my friends...i have a small social circle so the people i hang out with are either my relatives, or my friends most of which are from church. upon knowing that the friends were from church, this someone brushed off the invitation and politely said, 'i want to hang out with you guys.  if it's with other people, wag na lang.'  

i knew that it wasn't because this person was shy.  i know this person has hung out with acquaintances of mine and this person doesn't have any problems hanging out with them. so even though this person declined politely, it still bothered me so i just prayed.  the Lord said, 'don't worry.  it's not you nor your friends this person is rejecting.  this person is rejecting me.'  nakakalungkot, but it is true what the Lord said in his word, "They are going to do all these things to you because of the way they treated me, because they don't know the One who sent me. If I hadn't come and told them all this in plain language, it wouldn't be so bad. As it is, they have no excuse. (The Message)" "They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. (NIV)" John 15:21.

but God is good.  His plans are perfect and the best i could do is continue to pray for those that are dear to me and live a life that glorifies the Lord.  sabi nga, 'your life might be the only bible that people will read...'   so Lord, teach me and let your glory shine!

3 comments:

laieesha said...

i didn't know you had other friends hehe... who is it??

i miss you... i wanna try to come by sometime this week siguro. maybe this weekend???

ASC said...

we have claire's housewarming on saturday pero baka di rin kami magtagal dun kasi i'm sure madami tao. lam mo naman ako....(don't need to say it) hehehe. maybe we go meet at claire's then go to our house? you'll see the kitchen too. hopefully, tapos na tapos na before friday.

ASC said...

i tell you on saturday! haha!

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts