Thursday, August 12, 2010

my food is GOOD FOOD!!!!!

this an OK article, but take some time to read the comments and any filipino with some ounce of pinoy pride will just be mad!

They all keep talking about dinuguan, balut, and all the ‘fear factor’ types of food that is part of ANY culture. Have they ever been to the South and know the types of food they eat over there? Or to parts of China where Filipinos got the balut idea? They’re all so used to eating their General Tso’s chicken, broccoli beef, and they think that is real Chinese food! Or real Italian food is the stuff you find at Olive Garden!

Please!!!

I wish they could all try my mother’s mechado - Beef simmered for hours in tomato sauce with potatoes and bell peppers. My! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. It’s like slow cooked beef stew, only better.

Or they should try Tselogs’ chicken sisig served in a sizzling platter. I understand it’s greasy, (the chicken is fried after all), but who hasn’t splurged and eaten grease laden food every once in a while? They’ve all eaten at KFC and Popeye’s…THAT is more greasy!

there's sinigang, chopsuey, kilawin, kare-kare (minus the tripe), pancit, laing, laksa, pangat, paksiw and my forever favorite, ginisang munggo...i could go on and on and on and on...

Filipino food can be a mixture of the good stuff (the healthy stuff) and the bad stuff (the greasy stuff), just like any type of cuisine but like any other type of dish, food taste better with fat. Have guys ever heard of fat = flavor? Yeah. It’s the same for any type of food. Whether it be French (do you know how much butter they put to make your escargot taste good?) or Italian (yes, olive oil has zero cholesterol, but fat, is still fat, too much of it can still be bad). But any of these foods can be prepared the healthy way, and so can Filipino food.

I am upset that Filipino food gets such a bad reputation. If only I can invite you all at home so I can cook for you. Where are all these people getting their filipino food?  Should I invite this people to our home and let them see and taste what REAL Filipino food is all about?

some outstanding filipino chef should redeem filipino food.  NOW!!!!

1 comment:

Chyng said...

very good point.
honestly, our food may taste bland compare to other asian cuisine, pero after 3 days, umay na umay na ko sa food nila. parang parepareho ng lasa. overpowering ang spices. ang babaho nila tuloy.. hihi

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts