Sunday, June 07, 2009

life is short...

it's difficult to write about the many things going on in my head. there are so many things i want to say, too many problems that seem to be pressing me, my family, and my friends. this week has been a barrage of bad reports, one after another; but i refuse to be bogged down by these tests and trials because i know that the Lord is on our side and he will carry us through whatever problem it is that we are facing.

but the greatest thing about being tested, is that in due time, the Lord will turn it into a testimony. today, more than ever before, it made me think about how short life is and how much we should value what little time we are given here on earth. it's made me re-think about the quality of time i spend with my daughter and my family. how good of a mom/wife/daughter/sister have i been? how good of a relative/friend am i? am i living the best life i can?

i should change my lifestyle and not just because of my whole thing about how fat i've become but also because of our family history of obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, cancer and heart disease. more than what the scale is telling me, i have to change my lifestyle so i can be mother to michelle for a very very long time.

i ABSOLUTELY NEED TO PRAY MORE AND MEDITATE ON GOD'S WORD MORE. man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that preceeds out of the mouth of God. i cannot put any more emphasis on this and i can't say it enough. oh Lord! give me the grace to do everything you want with my life!

forgive me if it seems like i'm not making much sense. if you read this, evaluate your life and live it in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. that would be living the best life and making the short time here on earth worth living. keep in mind that how we live life on earth determines how we get to spend eternity.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts