Friday, February 17, 2012

my 'first love'

my heart still skips a beat every single time i see him.


no, i'm not talking about my husband.


and yes, he knows about this, i'm not cheating.  =P


i'm talking about michael jordan.  


yes!  i know!  i'm so cheesy!  but this only comes out when it's him i talk about!  


i will always regret not having the opportunity to watch him play in person.  


in 2002, on a trip to chicago, i made sure to have my photo taken at his statue at the united center.  his estate was not far so i also went there and stared longingly at the gates (numbered 23 of course!).  i didn't stay long...baka hulihin ako ng security! hehehe 


an opportunity came up a couple of years ago to see him in san francisco and so i said to myself, 'i have to see him now!!!!' 


he went to the president's cup (golf) match in san francisco in 2009 and i was lucky enough to score tickets to the event...i was watching tiger woods tee off when out of the corner of my eye, i saw michael jordan!  he was running around the golf course in a golf cart but stopped long enough near tiger woods and he was just about 12 feet away from me!!!  aaaaaaaaaah!!!!  i wanted to scream!  i wanted to take out my camera and BEG for a picture....but i couldn't because it was supposed to be all about tiger golf and not one crazed fan's mission to have a picture taken with michael jordan.  i left without proof that i was breathing the same air as his 'airness' but i will never forget that moment.  *sigh*


*sigh*  


happy birthday, michael jordan! who knows?  maybe someday, i will see you again and actually have a picture taken with you.  a girl can dream, right?



No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts