Monday, February 27, 2012

not better

i felt so miserable when i came into work this morning.  i needed to come to work as my boss was leaving for a business trip and i needed to make sure everything was squared away before she left.  i also knew that i was going to see my doctor (which is near work) and that i was only going to work for a few hours because i was sick so i didn't mind coming in.  


i love going to my doctor's clinic...well, i don't love it.  a visit to the doctor isn't necessarily pleasant but at this clinic, i never have to wait longer than 5 minutes to see my doctor...i check in at the front desk to let them know i have arrived for my appointment, i take a seat and not long after that, the doctor comes out and calls for my name and off i go to get checked.  i never feel rushed and the doctors and nurses are always friendly.  at other clinics, you check in for your appointment say, at 2 pm.  they let you in at around 215, check your temp, blood pressure, weight, etc.  and they say, 'the doctor will be with you in a few minutes'.  half an hour passes and you are still sitting there, waiting...wondering if they all left and forgot about you. when the doctor comes in, you pretend you're not annoyed because they just wasted an hour of your time. the doctor sees you for 5 minutes and then it's all over.  sure, i have to pay an annual fee just to see my doctor at this other clinic but if that means i save an hour of my time during each visit and i get to see a doctor the same day i need a doctor, i'll pay for it...albeit, still a little reluctantly.  


anyway, the doctor couldn't tell whether my throat infection was viral or bacterial so she did at strep test...results will be in on thursday.  i told her i'm leaving on friday for a trip and she said that she'll call me as soon as she gets the results from the lab or if i feel that the infection's become worse, to see her again asap.  she told me to take 2 alleve tablets twice a day with food to help relieve the inflammation.  


because of my throat infection, my diet has consisted of water, tea, ricola, and ramen noodles.  not sure if this will help me lose weight, but we'll see.   

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts