Saturday, April 04, 2020

COVID-19: DAY 19 SHELTER IN PLACE APR 4 2020

I am feeling much better today!  Whew!  I was worried that I will slide down the slippery slope of sadness.  After I cried to my husband last night and told him my fears and frustrations, I felt better.  Thank the Lord for my husband!  Also, he did not work today, so I was able to spend time with him. We even ran errands together!  Running errands feel like date night now.  Oh how times have changed!  We wanted to go for a nice drive but the weather wasn't really cooperating so we decided to just head home after our exciting trip to the post office and to my cousins house for some extra gloves.  

When Michelle and I went to the market on Thursday, we had a list on hand to buy the things we needed for the house.  I really wanted to cook our favorite Peruvian dish, Pescado alo Macho.  Its fried Branzino with a seafood cream sauce and we always order this at the local Peruvian restaurant not far from our home.  I have never seen Branzino at the Asian market so I was to replace it with Baramundi, also from the sea bass family.  As I was walking along the fresh fish section, the Branzino caught my eye!  I should have bought more of this fish since this is a family favorite.  But I don't want to buy more than I need (no hoarding!) so I just bought 2 of the fish.  It was a big hit for the family and already shared the recipe with my cousins and friends.    



Pescado alo Macho Recipe:

2 Whole Branzino, cleaned, salted to taste, dust it with a little flour, deep fry

Sauce:
Half a pound of Mussels (half shell) 
1 pound of Clams
Half a pound of Shrimp
1/3 cup of water
1/4 cup Cream
2 ounces dry white wine
Onions, chopped
Garlic, minced
Bell peppers, diced
1/3 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat your oil in a pan, saute your onions until translucent about 3 minutes.  Add the garlic, clams, mussels, shrimp and water.  Cover and bring it to a simmer.   Clamshell will open once cooked.  Stir and add the wine, bell peppers and green peas and simmer for 3 minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  

Plate your fried fish and pour your sauce over the fish.  Best eaten with white rice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts