Monday, May 22, 2006

happy 26th birthday to me!

yesterday, i celebrated my 26th birthday. i didn't really have any big celebration planned. im not big on birthdays so it wasn't too big of a deal for me. i just brought my mom's famous pancit palabok to church where tita irma and i were to celebrate a little bit with our church family. im really glad my parents attended and i pray that the good Lord has touched their hearts as they listened to pastor andy's message.

after church, i just went home and rested a little bit. my parents had insisted on having dinner with our relatives so i invited my aunt and my uncle and their respective families and a few of my friends and we had dinner at hon lin. i have so many friends and family who celebrate birthdays within 3 weeks of each other so it was 3 weeks of too much food! hehe i think im the last one to celebrate so that puts a temporary end to the celebration.

i would like to thank the Lord for adding another year to my life, and this time, His gift came in advance. =) i pray that He continues to bless me and my family that we may be a blessing to others. i pray for the Lord to bless my baby that she may remain strong and healthy.

i thank all my friends and family for the greetings and gifts. =) i may not have had a big big party to celebrate my birthday but i'm glad many people remembered me on my birthday. i kinda feel bad too because i am notorious for forgetting people's birthdays! so many people remembered mine so i guess i should learn my lesson and really make it a point i greet them on their birthdays. =)

thanks to my bebe, too, for his gift. since it's too expensive for me to enjoy regular spa services here in the states, he brought the spa to me. hehe (thanks beb!) thanks chel too for your gift =) im wearing it and will wear it most of the time. =) thanks to all my other friends who gave gifts, cards, notes, etc. there's too many of you to mention. luv u all! =)

i took the day off today. i still didn't get enough sleep. i fell asleep at 1 am last nite and woke up at 8 am (only 7 hours of sleep). i took chel's advice and used the earplugs so i don't wake up so easily but the earplugs fall off my ears so i don't know if it really helps.

i faxed the early appointment request for paul's visa to the u.s. embassy in manila. we pray that our request may be granted. i really need my husband by my side. it's hard not having him here to take care of me while im pregnant.

so now, what's left for me to do is lie down. i cleaned my room earlier, worked out, ran a few errands...and now, i just have to sit back and relax. i might take 3 days off around mid june. it feels good to not go to work on a monday. =)

2 comments:

tosinpdx said...

thanks for the dinner, mimie. =)

laieesha said...

hey, happy birthday indeed!! i can't believe you're on blogspot now!! yay!! welcome to the blogging world!! *huggles you and majelli*

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts