Wednesday, May 31, 2006

memorial day weekend

it was a relatively active memorial day weekend for me. we saw x-men on friday...my favorite of all the recent superhero movies. i prefer the first two movies over this last one but it was still a very enjoyable movie. beats the da vinci code which im glad to have seen without spending any money (thanks t!). after the movie, went to my favorite thai restaurant 'siam' at the parc 55 hotel. i was able to resist the dinner, but how can i say no to fried banana with ice cream?! i had a little bit of dessert and quite proud of myself that i didn't over-indulge hehe.

saturday was my lazy day. i had a few errands done...went to the market to buy veggies for monday's bbq and helped my parents set up the entertainment system to make the new tv fit. i admire my dad for his handy work. i thought that the old entertainment system wouldn't work for the new tv but he found a way to make it work without making it look like we were trying to save money hehe. the new tv looks great. we got hdtv yesterday too so we get several channels in high definition. amazing picture quality, but i wish we had more channels to choose from.

sunday was church of course and in the evening, gracious and t came over. gracious and i watched tristan and isolde on dvd. it was ok. james franco's really handsome. =) some of the scenes were a little too bloody for me.

monday, we went to roseville to ate tess' house. beautiful home, i must say! nice pool, basketball court....the kitchen is to die for! i told paul that's the kind of kitchen i want. hehehe they have a big, spacious indoor kitchen. and an outdoor kitchen with two huge bbq grills, 2 small refrigerators outside. it was great. i had fun. i was thinking of going swimming but became too lazy after eating all the food the we had. there was chicken, fish, pork, steak, corn, veggies, pancit, ice cream, etc. etc. yummy food.

mj's been kicking really strong lately. earlier today, when she was kicking, it was almost as if i could hear a thud when she kicked. i have another prenatal appointment tomorrow. i think they will check me for gestational diabetes-standard test for pregnant women. i don't know if i'll have another ultra sound. i'll get the 3D ultrasound for mj during my 7th or 8th month. the technology's out there, so might as well use it right? =) it's not too expensive, too. i'll have the husband pay for it. =)

running into glitches for the january church wedding in manila. chel might not be able to go. =( her brother's getting married early in january, too, and of course, family has to come first. oh well! i just hope the schedule works out for everyone. i don't want to look for someone to replace her in case she can't attend the wedding. the wedding's stressful enough as it is, i don't want to add any more worries. it wont be the same without her there because she's been to every big event in my life since we met and became friends and of course, i want my best friend there...but i can't make any demands. i shouldn't even be upset. i'm just really sad she wont be there. still hoping...still praying all will work out. =)

father's day is around the corner. what should i get my husband (nothing? hehe jk)? my dad's not into gifts so maybe i'll just take my parents to dinner or something.

still waiting for paul's papers. time's a tickin'!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts