Thursday, June 01, 2006

what's with thursdays?

what is it with thursdays that seem to blow my fuse?

the last several weeks, i felt it was the pregnancy hormones raging inside of me. it is/was usually on thursdays that i feel really sad and miss my husband so much that i just burst into tears. im beyond consolation when i become like this. there's really nothing anyone can do for me but allow me to cry and give me a hug.

today, another thursday, i woke up on the right side of the bed. i had enough sleep the night before and was feeling really relaxed. but today, it was many different voices that have turned my beautiful day to a very challenging one...

i came in to the office, within 30 minutes, i heard this voice...a voice so familiar it shouldn't even bother me anymore...i'll call this voice, "the voice from the left". the voice from the left just kept yaking and yaking (not to me directly, thank God!). 3/4 of what this voice says are nonsensical and over time i have learned to ignore the voice from the left (most of the time).

my phone rang, and two other voices were heared and these voices were coming 'from the east'. these voices are just as annoying as the voice from the left but since i hardly speak to the voices from the east (thanks to email), it was a little bit more bearable. these voices from the east have the habit of pointing out mistakes i've made and overlooking their mistakes. they make light of their errors and make a big deal out of mine no matter how small and insignificant.

there is a fourth voice, this fourth voice may very well come from the east as well... (too many annoying voices from the east) this fourth voice chooses to ignore emails no matter how urgent you make it seem. this voice wont even lift a finger and write a note to say that there is no issue on his end. this voice leaves it up to you to figure things out on your own and irritate you even more once you decide to make that dreaded phone call.

so ends the work day these voices conspired to challenge my day. i don't want to say they ruined it because i don't want to acknowledge that they have some kind of power over me. no they don't. ephesians 6:12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood..."

unbeknowst to me, i was up for another challenge when i got to kaiser permanente for my prenatal check up. i arrived at 3 pm...30 mins before my scheduled appointment. i did not see my doctor until almost 4 pm. an hour wait for a 2 min chat with my doctor. all she did was listen to the mj's heartbeat, and that was it. her nurse asked me if i had an hour to kill today and with sarcasm i hope i was able to hide, i asked why. she replied it was for glucose screening, that i had to drink this glucose drink before my blood sugar level can be measured. i wanted to say, 'don't you think it would have made better sense and use of my time if we got that out of the way before i waited an hour to see the doctor instead of asking me to wait another hour?" but of course i didn't say that and just said i had somewhere to be. i said that not only because i was annoyed but moreso because i was starving. so i left. i'll come back another day for my glucose screening when im not so annoyed and when i have an hour to kill.

ok enough complaints! God is still good! there are just days that our patience is tested.

note:
there's a job opening at merrill. long-term temp. pay is between $18 to $21/hour. so friends, if you're interested let me know. College degree is a must.

1 comment:

laieesha said...

ayan kasi... sama ka kasi sa thursday night dinners para mawala ickiness ng buong maghapon... =)

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts