Friday, June 16, 2006

new favorite song

Free by Shawn McDonald

I feel like the weight of the world is all - crashing down on me
And some how I just don’t believe this how - it is suppose to be
And all this expectation on - the way I’m suppose to live
Becomes my minds distraction - with nothing left to give

You said your burden is light and your load - is no more
You said your ways are right and in you I will soar

I want to be free - free to dance and free to sing
Free to live and love and free, oh
Free to be me

I feel like my heart is being beat - down into the ground
In you I’m longing for some peace - to be found
I know the heaviness that’s - making me cold
Is stealing my youthful soul and - making me old

You said your burden is light and your load - is no more
You said your ways are right and in you I will soar

I want to be free - free to dance and free to sing
Free to live and love and free, oh
Free to be me

this is my new favorite song. click on the link and visit shawn mcdonald's page and listen to his song 'Free'. it has a catchy beat to it and it is rising on the Christian charts. very uplifting...some of us may be going through a difficult or painful time. i hope that this song may inspire you to trust in the Lord, for He said in Matthew 11:28-30 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.'

God's yoke fits us perfectly and it allows us to move and follow Him without pain or burden. It is only when we resist following His ways that it becomes difficult for us. But we should trust in the Lord that He will never lead us to harm. For His plans for us is prosperity, a good life and a good future. His is the perfect will for us, let us all learn to trust and obey the Lord Jesus Christ.

i want to be free. free to dance and free to sing. free to live and learn and free to be me. all these i find in Jesus.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts