Monday, December 17, 2007

christmas gift

I’m thinking about what to get the Lord for His birthday. What do you get someone who owns EVERYTHING? Because he does own everything doesn’t mean he does not deserve to receive anything on this special day.

So on this, his 2000th something birthday, what is it that he would like?

1. more time spent with him in prayer – I know I haven’t spent as much time with him as I should. Although he knows everything there is to know about my life, I still have to pray to him and confide in him everything that I feel. I have to thank him for blessing me with so much and for his gift of salvation. I want him to know that I am proud to bear his name (a Christian) and I will continue to walk with him in love and faith.


2. more time spent in praise and worship – He has given me the gift of a singing voice and I should use it more for his kingdom. So this Christmas (December 23rd actually) I will sing for the lord again. I used to be part of the church’s music ministry. The last time I sang at church was in may. It’s been difficult to find time because I have to take care of michelle. But I should start singing more kahit pa isa isang kanta lang and on my own time at home.

3. to spread the good news of jesus Christ and to tell the world about his love – how? Through this blog, I am able to reach out to friends and relatives that I don’t talk to on a regular basis…this is one way to keep all of them up to date on the wonderful things god has done in my life. I should also live this life as pleasing sacrifice to the lord. Let my actions reflect the goodness of the God whom I faithfully serve. Like Andrew’s mom said, ‘your life may be the only bible people will read.’ So if you or anyone were to read the pages of my life (like you do when you read this), I have to make sure that on every page, through my life’s peaks and valleys, I have to make sure that you don’t miss god’s hand at work and how I put my trust in him and how he never fails.

4. give to the poor – the lord said in his word ‘Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed. Proverbs 19:17’ so this Christmas, I will give to those who are in need. This doesn’t have to be just money or material things…poor doesn’t only mean lacking any of those things. It could be a teenager who needs a mentor, or a kid needing help with homework, or an elderly who needs a hand with groceries. It can be a multitude of ‘things’ people need and if I have the ability to help them, then I will.

This is a short list pero I pray, that everything I do be all for his glory. The words of this song is my gift to the Lord. I pray that you, too, may find the heart to offer your life to the Lord.

All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you O Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaim
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours
Chorus:
Lord I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life
Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes, all of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to You

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts