Friday, December 14, 2007

hitting the books again

On Wednesday, I went to golden gate university to inquire about their mba program. It’s something that I’ve decided to do since joining Merrill and yet have put it off for the past 4-something years.

Before I went to ggu, I was browsing through their website and was playing with the idea of going for a degree in law instead. I’ve always dreamed about being a lawyer…a dream that I’ve put off since I started dreaming about it (weird, yes). Since mbas are easier to get than a law degree, I decided to shoot for something more realistic. After all, I have work and family to juggle along with school. I know lai will again be disappointed (she really wants me to be a lawyer) but law school will have to wait at least 3 more years. It’s a dream I haven’t really given up on and something that I still want to accomplish. Maybe when michelle starts going to school I can explore this further.

Back to the mba…so I need to take the GMAT and get a decent score before I’m fully accepted into the program. I plan on taking the exam in march and I’ve already ordered study materials on amazon. Then I have to take a college-level algebra class as a prerequisite to one of the first 6 mba classes I need to take. This is something that I dread more than taking the gmat. I’m not good in math that’s why I tried to avoid taking them in college. But we’ll see how I do now that I really have to take it. I’ll seek help from 2 of the math wizards that I know: my dear husband and my dear friend lai.


long story short, i plan on starting the mba program in may.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts