Wednesday, December 19, 2007

the scent of a woman

I have allergies so my nose is very sensitive to perfume so I’m very picky with the scent that I wear.

My two favorites have been miracle by lancome (I must have gone through 5 bottles) and white tea by bulgari (1 bottle lang pero I really like the scent). The white tea I bought shortly after I gave birth to michelle. I used the very last drop just last week. Like I said, since i have allergies, I don’t wear too much perfume so 1 bottle usually lasts for 1 year.

I read that Nicole kidman almost lost her endorsement deal with chanel because she prefer’s jo malone over no. 5. it was reported that Nicole would spray jo malone in between takes when filming. She of course denied, sued the newspaper company, won, kept her deal with chanel and probably wears jo malone when no one is looking.

So I decided to give jo malone a shot.

Mabango! Very mild and sweet. Jo malone has atleast 15 scents to choose from which you can combine to create your own signature scent.

Since I can’t afford to buy 2 bottles dahil may kamahalan sya, I decided to get one bottle of the blue agava and cacao cologne - Inspired by the artistry of flamenco, Blue Agava & Cacao is an impassioned scent. Notes of blue agava and cardamom are sharpened with sea salt in a lush introduction. Sensual cacao underscores the scent, creating a pulse that provokes the senses.


I really love the scent. It’s sweet and mild. Tomorrow I’m going to combine it with the free samples that I got when I bought this at Bloomingdale’s.

This morning, I im’d chel:
Almira: chel, lam mo what this scent reminds me of?
Chel: ano??
Almira: hehe
Almira: amoy yakult!!! Amoy akong yakult!!!! LOL

Pagkamahal mahal, yakult lang pala ang kaamoy! Haha! I’m not kidding tho, it does remind me of yakult but of course it doesn’t really smell like it. If it did, chel would surely tell me kasi paborito nya ang yakult and ________ combo nilang magkapatid when they were kids. (sikwet!)

I smell the mild hints of the cacao when I take a whiff of the cologne. It’s sweet almost like vanilla without being too strong. Naisip ko, this cologne is like wine. Minsan kasi may wine that tastes like pears even when they are not made with pears…I’ve had wine that tasted like honey. jo malone has created fragrances that gives one the freedom to express herself in a scent she will love.

For me, this is a real winner.

2 comments:

tosinpdx said...

I was curious so I went to Bloomingdales to try the different scents. Wow,they smell great - especially Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne. Hmmm... this could be a nice Xmas gift for me, from me. :)

ASC said...

di ka pa bumili? =) right now i'm combining the blue agava and cacao with pomegranate noir. ang bango bango talaga. very mild and feminine.

christmas gift ko rin to sa sarili ko. =)

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts