Monday, January 07, 2008

i don't know how she does it

My mom doesn’t start work until 12 noon today so she has the rest of the morning to sleep or lie in bed. But she woke up at 530 in the morning to help me get michelle ready for day care.

As I was going down the stairs to the car, I asked myself, ‘how does my mom do it?’ she works just like I do, yet, she does half of the cooking at home, the laundry, cleaning, and spending time with michelle. I hardly do any household chores and yet I find myself exhausted when I get home from work.

Then I remembered how I was when michelle and I were in Portland . I was only there for 5 days but I did the laundry twice, cooked about 5 or 6 different dishes, cleaned the bathroom, dusted the furniture while paul vacuumed the carpet. Ganon pala talaga pag nanay at asawa ka…hindi pwedeng hindi ka kikilos. Since here in California , I had my mom to do everything else, siguro kaya lalo akong tinatamad.

Siguro morning person din ang nanay ko and she’s a very light sleeper. So whether she wanted to or not, gigising din naman sya ng maaga. I, on the other hand, have trouble sleeping at night and hate getting up early in the morning. masama ang loob ko if I wake up earlier than 830 am on a Saturday morning! siguro this will all change pag nakabukod na kami…semi-bukod kasi I’m still praying for a house na may in-law so my parents will not be far away.

but how can I live up to my mom who’s a super mom?!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts