Saturday, January 26, 2008

restaurant review: jeanty at jack's

I took my ninang to lunch at jeanty’s on tuesday for her birthday. I’ve heard great things about the restaurant and wanted to try it out.

We had a 1 pm reservation and was seated at a table by the window. We both ordered the tomato soup which was excellent! All the reviews I read raved about the soup so I wanted to try it. I was not disappointed. I wanted to slurp every last drop of that soup if I could!

For my entrĂ©e, I just ordered the Jamone and Gruyere sandwich. I was expecting the sandwich to be warm (Im still not used to cold sandwiches) so I sent it back and asked them to toast it a little. It was the best ham and cheese sandwich I’ve had. I can taste the quality of everything in that sandwich…from the bagette, to the cheese (gruyere is one of my favorite cheeses), and the ham. I think it’s just a little bit over priced for it’s $11 price tag…but the gruyere alone must have already cost 5 bucks. My ninang had the soft boiled egg and escarole salad with a warm bacon vinaigrette. We shared what we ordered and were happy with our light lunch and our beautiful glass of sauvignon blanc.

For dessert, we shared a crepe suzette, which according to our waiter was a French classic. I thought it was named after a certain Suzette who happens to be near and dear to the pastry chef. The crepe has mandarin liqueur and orange butter. it was unique for my taste and i savored every bite.

Our bill came out to $75 plus tip. Expensive but I didn’t feel like I was robbed. I will have dreams and cravings about the tomato soup so when I do give in to the craving and indulge in an extravagant lunch, i'll get the soup again but I will order a hot entree next time.

over all, i liked jeanty's. i have to try their other dishes to make a more objective opinion.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts